Terms and Conditions
Tecknologia Limited provides www.tecknologia.co.uk. We encourage prospective clients to read Tecknologia's terms and conditions, prior to any purchases.
- The "Company", "Tecknologia", "We", "Us", "Our" - this refers to Tecknologia Ltd with a registered office at Tecknologia Limited, 32 Trenance Gardens, Ilford, IG3 9NG, UK.
- "Client", "Your", "You" - this refers to the individual purchasing from Tecknologia that intends to attend a training event.
- "Booker" - this refers to the person making the booking with Tecknologia, on behalf of a client attending the course.
- "The Website" - this refers to the www.tecknologia.co.uk.
- "Terms and Conditions" - this refers to the terms of usage and conditions under which all purchases are pursued and the website is utilised.
- "Booking Form" - this is an agreement between Tecknologia and its clients, with regard to prospective delivery of services.
- "Joining Instructions" - this refers to a set of instructions that are given to clients upon receipt of payment, regarding event-related details.
- "Working Days" - this refers to days between Monday and Friday, excluding Public Holidays.
- All pricing quotations are only valid for 7 days from
the date that they are first sent to the client. All prices are subject to
change due to the dynamic nature of our business and of the training
- The published prices exclude VAT. Clients and Companies
must pay Tecknologia any VAT that is chargeable on services that are
provided; Tecknologia will list the correct VAT amount on the invoice - as
required by statute.
- All quotations exclude VAT. If the corresponding
purchase is pursued, as required by statute, VAT will be applied at the
point of purchase and feature within the sales invoice.
- The published prices do not include any travel,
accommodation or living expenses which the client may incur in attending
unless specifically mentioned on the Booking Form.
- VAT is payable regardless of the Client's country of
origin; the point of supply for VAT purposes is the location of the
course. For Online/ E-learning courses, VAT will be charged with regard to
the place of supply and the relevant tax legislation in the country of
- If a third party vendor, certification body, or service
provider alters their examination fee or material cost, Tecknologia
reserves the right to adjust the relevant training course prices to
reflect such alterations.
- Training event prices listed on correspondence,
brochures, leaflets, and materials belonging to Tecknologia are not
legally binding due to anticipated price fluctuations; they are advisory
at the time of public dissemination and do not constitute as part of a
- The course fee(s), including VAT, are payable in full
immediately upon receipt of the invoice. Clients wishing to make payments
made from non-UK accounts or credit cards will be responsible for all
bank/ transaction charges in relation to the overseas transactions.
- Without prejudice or distortion to alternative rights
listed, Tecknologia will impose a late payment charge of 8% over the Bank
of England base rate. Payments can be made by major credit and debit
cards, including American Express, inclusive of credit card charges.
- All company credit card payments will incur a card
surcharge of 2.99%, except for payments made via American Express, which
will incur a surcharge of 3.99%
- Where a Purchase Order is issued, it must clearly state
the purchase order number, course dates, full Invoice amount, and contact
details for invoicing. When more than one course is booked on the same
booking form, full payment for all courses is required immediately upon
confirmation before the commencement of the first course.
- All course fees must be paid in full upon booking/
confirmation - prior to any clients attending an event. Tecknologia
reserves the right to refuse entry to a training event until the course
fee is paid in full. Please also note that examination results and
certificates will not be issued until the full fee has been paid.
- All events that have been booked/ confirmed are subject
to the rescheduling fees listed in Clause 4, and cancellation fees listed
in Clause 3.
- All administration fees for cancellations are payable
immediately upon receipt of the invoice. The Terms of this agreement
override over any other terms of business or purchase conditions put
forward by the client.
- Once a partial or full payment has been processed, over
the phone or on the website by the following methods: Debit Card, Credit
Card, American Express, Cheque or Bank transfer, the Client will adhere to
Tecknologia's terms and conditions, irrespective of a booking form having
- All payments shall be made in cleared funds, without
any deduction or set-off and free and clear of and without deduction for
or on account of any taxes, levies, imports, duties, charges, fees and
withholdings of any nature now or hereafter imposed by any governmental,
fiscal or other authority save as required by law. If a customer is
compelled to make any such deduction, it will pay to the receiving Party,
Tecknologia, such additional amounts as are
necessary to ensure receipt of the full amount which that party would have
received but for the deduction.
- All payments must be received, regardless of payment
terms, prior to an examination being issued or delivered by the Company
- It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that
the person that approved the purchase of a product,
has the correct purchasing authority.
Cancellations made by Tecknologia
- Tecknologia reserves the right to cancel, move, and
reschedule a training event or course due to circumstances that are beyond
Tecknologia's control, such as trainer illness or low attendance.
Reasonable efforts will be made to contact and notify clients of any
alterations to their training event or course. If a training event is
cancelled, Tecknologia will either re-allocate
Clients on to future training events with the Client's consent, offer
Virtual training events, or offer a full refund of the pre-paid course
- Except for instances provided under Clause 3,
"Cancellations made by Tecknologia", the following cancellation fees will
be imposed on all bookings, dependent on the number of days notice
provided to Tecknologia. If you need to make a cancellation, please notify
Tecknologia in writing or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to
the following address - Tecknologia Limited, 32 Trenance Gardens, Ilford,
IG3 9NG, UK.
- All cancellation and rescheduling fees are due
immediately via debit or credit card.
- All cancellations made between 0-15 days prior to the
course start date, are subject to a 100% cancellation fee, based upon the
full course fee (+ VAT), which must be paid in full upon cancellation.
- All cancellations that are made between 41-50 days
prior to the course start date, are subject to a 25% fee, based upon the
full course fee (+ VAT), which must be paid in full upon cancellation.
Re-scheduling courses or exams
- Re-scheduling courses or exams with less than 15 days
notice prior to the course start date, will result in a 75% charge of the
full value of the course booked, in addition to the prior invoice
inclusive of VAT.
- Re-scheduling courses or exams between 16-40 days prior
to the course start date, will result in a 50% charge of the full value of
the course booked, in addition to the prior invoice inclusive of VAT.
- Re-scheduling courses or exams between 41-50 days prior
to the course or exam start date, will result in
a 25% charge of the full value of original booking, in addition to the
prior invoice inclusive of VAT.
- When a refund is issued to the Client by Tecknologia,
the refund may take up to a maximum of 20 working days to be processed.
Refunds will be processed using the same payment method that the original
payment was made. Deposits and banking fees are non-refundable.
- Tecknologia will not be liable for any fluctuation in
exchange rates or bank charges for overseas refund transactions.
- Course examination vouchers are non-refundable.
- Where a customer has outstanding monies, any refunds
granted will be offset against any outstanding monies.
Changes to Courses
- Tecknologia reserves the right to change any part of a
published course; if this is caused by circumstances beyond our control.
Tecknologia reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course and will
advise the Client as soon as the change is known. Tecknologia will use all
reasonable endeavours to avoid changes of this nature. For any courses
that are rescheduled due to unforeseen circumstances (such as trainer
sickness/ low course attendance), every endeavour will be made to provide
a replacement trainer or to reschedule the course and we will offer
Clients a variety of options to pursue their training programme; however,
should the offered alternative not be an acceptable option for the Client,
a full refund will be issued.
- Contents of course timetables are intended for general
guidance only and serve as an advisory purpose only. Any typographical
errors including pricing or omission in any website, sales literature,
administrative documentation, course materials, or other documents are
subject to change without any liability on the part of Tecknologia.
- The course information, including the course, date, and
venue, pre-coursework, maps and directions, will be advised upon the
receipt of payment, in the form of joining instructions. Tecknologia
reserves the right to change the venue, for circumstances that are beyond
our control, and will advise the Client as soon as the change is known.
Tecknologia cannot be held liable for out of pocket expenses due to cancellations
or alterations to the course venue, that are out of our control.
- For all Residential training courses, we will make best
endeavours to ensure your accommodation is at the same location as the
training course, however, this might not always be possible. In this
instance, we will source your hotel accommodation as close to the training
course venue as possible, usually within walking distance.
If for any reason (including but not
limited to transit delays beyond the control of Tecknologia) courseware does
not arrive on time for the course we will commit to replacing it at the
earliest opportunity and make best endeavours to make temporary materials
accessible, as required, to continue the learning programme. Refunds will not
be granted for transit-related delays beyond the control of Tecknologia.
Non-attendance of any course for any
reason whatsoever is deemed to be a cancellation without notice and payment is
due in full. A multiple course booking is when more than one course is
confirmed that may make up part of a certification e.g. AgilePM, AgilePgM. Part
attendance of a Course is when a Client does not continue to the full course
completion. In this situation the Client will not be entitled to any refund for
courses or part of courses that were not attended, this will be deemed as
- The booker accepts that it is their responsibility that
the course booked is suitable for the requirements and abilities of the
clients attending. Tecknologia's employees may recommend courses or
learning solutions, however, the assessment and the final decision
concerning the suitability of the course is the Client's responsibility.
In cases where we have made recommendations, we do so in good faith and will
not be wilfully misleading.
- All public and onsite training courses are delivered
only in English languageunless specified otherwise and all Clients must be
sufficiently proficient in the English language prior to attending the
Tecknologia reserves the right to
refuse admission to any person whom it considers in its absolute discretion to
be unsuitable for the training programme.
Booking on behalf of the Client
In all cases the booker must bring
these terms and conditions to the attention of Clients attending the event, if
booking on their behalf. It is the booker's responsibility to ensure that the
Clients receive all the relevant information including the joining
instructions, course and venue updates and that they meet the eligibility and
published prerequisite requirements.
Onsite Training on a Client
It is the Client's responsibility to
provide all facilities, equipment, and setup required for the trainer to
deliver the training. Tecknologia reserves the right to cancel or discontinue
the course if, in the Trainer's opinion, the venue, equipment, or conditions
Onsite and Trainer Expenses
- Trainer expenses for private, onsite, or closed courses
will be charged as agreed at the time of the course booking, as stated on
the Booking Form.
All intellectual property rights for
all course materials shall remain the property of Tecknologia. The Client
agrees not to reproduce, disseminate, sell, hire, lend, or copy the course
materials or use them except for the purpose of personal reference. Tecknologia
warrants that it will not knowingly include any copyright material in its
course materials without licence, consent, or attribution.
- Tecknologia® is a registered trademark.
- The website, including content, design, organisation,
layout, and software code are subject to copyright and intellectual
property rights that are owned by Tecknologia.
- The re-use of illustrations, photographs, diagrams, or
videos featured on Tecknologia's website, without attribution, is
prohibited under all circumstances. The deletion or alteration of
proprietary rights, including copyright and trademarks, is prohibited
under all circumstances.
- All products and services of Tecknologia without
limitation are protected by international copyrights, trademarks, and are
subject to intellectual property rights. Therefore all intellectual
property belongs to Tecknologia, its related companies, its affiliates, or
- The use of Tecknologia's name or logo is prohibited
under all circumstances, unless prior written consent is obtained from the
- Tecknologia does not accept responsibility for
intellectual property used during any training provided that does not show
an affiliation to Tecknologia. Any intellectual property used in a
training course, including the course itself, is protected by limitations
laid out in international copyright law, and is subject to intellectual
- If we are making a bespoke course, we require a
predefined specification to adhere to. In the absence of such predefined
specifications, we will adhere to our own guidelines of what we view as
"fit for purpose". If no specification was provided, Tecknologia shall not
be held responsible for any losses incurred as a consequence of the
- You may not copy, sell, reproduce, distribute,
download, modify, display or prepare derivative works based on, repost,
transmit, or otherwise use any of the intellectual property of
Tecknologia's website or course materials. The information on this site is
provided "as is" and without any warranties.
- Tecknologia does not accept responsibility of content
of any third party sites that may be referenced by Tecknologia. The
following activities are strictly prohibited: use of robots, material
dissemination, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy
the site of any of its content or the replication of this site to any
Warranty & Liability
- Tecknologia's liability for loss and damage shall be
limited to a claim for damages. The maximum aggregate liability will be
the charges for the course out of which the loss or damage has arisen.
Tecknologia will not accept liability for personal injury that incurs
during our training courses caused by the negligence of any third party.
Tecknologia will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential
loss (including loss of anticipated profit or data), howsoever arising,
even if it has been advised of such potential loss.
- Tecknologia will not be responsible for any damage
resulting from any computer viruses arising from software installed on a
Client's computer systems.
Personal belongings or items
belonging to a Client that are brought into a training course by the
aforementioned Client, are the sole responsibility of
the Client. Tecknologia accepts no responsibility for the items or any loss or
damage that may occur during the course.
For 12 months following either the
invoice date or the date of course delivery, of any contract carried out for
the Client by Tecknologia or an associate company of Tecknologia, the Client,
will not directly nor indirectly employ or solicit for employment any employee
of Tecknologia. If the Client breaches this clause, Tecknologia shall be
entitled to recover from the Client a fee of 50% of the gross annual salary of
the employee of Tecknologia solicited for employment.
Tecknologia may assign its interests
in all or part of this agreement. The Client may not assign or transfer this
contract without the express written permission of a Director of Tecknologia.
No deviation from these terms and
conditions will be allowed without the express written permission of a Director
of Tecknologia. No communication either verbal or printed on our websites will
override these Terms and Conditions. If, in any case, any of these conditions
shall be held to be invalid or shall not apply, the contract and the other
conditions shall remain in force and effect. These Terms and Conditions
override all terms raised on a PO by a client.
- Tecknologia shall not be in breach of this contract if
the provision of services are delayed or cancelled or reduced through any
circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including acts of God
(including but not limited to, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, snow,
hurricane, or other natural disaster), sickness, war, invasion, act of
foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil
war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or
confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction,
blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout, or interruption or
failure of electricity or telephone service.
- Clients must ensure that they can attend the training
courses that they are scheduled to attend. Tecknologia will not be held
liable, financially or actually, for their non-attendance, whatsoever the
reason may be.
Recording of Tecknologia's Employees
- The monitoring or recording of any Tecknologia employee
is not permitted under any circumstances
- Clients are not permitted to take any
video/photography/audio during the course without prior written consent of
Tecknologia and its Clients, failure to do so will be considered a direct
breach of our terms of business and this matter would be taken very
- Clients are not permitted to take any video/audio
during correspondence with Tecknologia's employees without prior written
consent of Tecknologia and its Clients, failure to do so will be
considered a direct breach of our terms of business.
- Tecknologia will not take photographs, videos, or any
audio recordings of you during a course and will not use this material for
Tecknologia's own marketing purposes without your prior consent.
- Clients agrees to being recorded by CCTV systems at Tecknologia
premises for security reasons.
Security and Encryption
- We use the highest level of security and encryption
methods available for processing payments online. We also strictly adhere
to best practices of data protection. That means your payment details are
as secure as they possibly can be when making a purchase with us.
- Tecknologia shall implement reasonable measures to
ensure that correspondence and machines used during training events are
free from viruses and potentially harmful malicious software.
- Tecknologia makes no warranty for the reliability,
protection, or virus-free nature of the material that is downloaded from
- All Client and Company information that is disclosed to
Tecknologia will be kept confidential. Such information will not be
disclosed by Tecknologia to any third party organisations or individuals,
unless reasonably required for the performance of our service delivery,
for example booking examinations.
- Such information shall only be disclosed to employees
that require such knowledge to conduct their role at Tecknologia. Such
individuals are subject to legally binding obligations of data protection
- Tecknologia shall not be liable for the disclosure of
any Client or Company information that is readily available in the public
domain, or if dissemination is agreed in a legally binding written
Credit, where mutually agreed with
Tecknologia to be left on a customer account, is non-refundable and must be
redeemed within 6 months of the agreement date
- All Examination requests must be registered with
Tecknologia's Customer Services Team within 60 days of the course's conclusion.
- Exam bookings must be made a minimum of 05 days in
advance of the chosen examination date – customers will receive their
examination registration voucher at least 48 hours prior to their chosen exam date
from the Examining Institute. Once the customer has selected and booked a
date with the Examining Institute, the voucher can only be used for the
- If a customer misses an examination due to reasons that
are beyond the control of Tecknologia, such as technical issues, force
majeure, or time management, a fee of £275 shall be applied should the
customer wish to pursue or retake the examination.